How is it that the Feds never have to put out a warning during Lent of possible terrorist attacks? Did you ever ask yourself that question?
The State Department is warning Americans to be on alert during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. The State Department-led Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) officials warned “martyrdom during the month may hold a special allure to some.”
Several alerts have been issued by the Council urging people to “remain aware of the persistent threat of (ISIS) attacks, both inspired and directed.” Ramadan began Sunday, June 5 and will end on Tuesday July 5, one day after America celebrates Independence Day.
The threatened attacks were announced in a “call to arms” video released by ISIS on May 21.
The video shows ISIS spokesman Abu Mohammad al-Adnani calling to jihadis to “get prepared, be ready … to make it a month of calamity everywhere for nonbelievers … especially for the fighters and supporters of the caliphate in Europe and America.”
“The tiniest action you do in the heart of their land is dearer to us than the biggest action by us,” Adnani told followers in the 31-minute audio message, according to the Boston Herald. “There are no innocents in the heart of the lands of the Crusaders.”
Similar attacks took place last year when Adnani made the same call to arms.
“According to Islamic practice, sacrifice during Ramadan can be considered more valuable than that made at other times, so a call to martyrdom during the month may hold a special allure to some,” the report said, according to the Free Beacon.