State Department admits briefing footage on Iran deal intentionally deleted

230608

I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I first saw this update scroll across my screen. I guess anything is possible. Even with this Tyrannical regime.

The State Department, in a stunning admission, acknowledged Wednesday that officials intentionally deleted several minutes of video footage from a 2013 press briefing, where a top spokeswoman seemed to acknowledge misleading the press over the Iran nuclear deal.

“There was a deliberate request, this was not a glitch,” State Department official John Kirby acknowledged on Wednesday, adding they don’t know who made the request.

The State Department had faced questions earlier this year over a block of missing tape from a 2013 briefing where then-spokeswoman Jen Psaki was asked by Fox News’ James Rosen about an earlier claim that no direct, secret talks were underway between the U.S. and Iran – when, in fact, they were.

In that exchange, Psaki said: “There are times where diplomacy needs privacy in order to progress. This is a good example of that.”

Fox News later discovered, however, that the Psaki exchange was missing from the department’s official website and its YouTube channel.

Officials initially suggested a “glitch” occurred.

But on Wednesday, current State Department spokesman Kirby said a public affairs official requested the removal the same day as that briefing. He said he didn’t know who specifically asked or why.

Kirby said there were “no rules [or] regulations in place that prohibited” this at the time, but said the deletion was not in keeping with the department’s commitment to transparency.

Fox News’ James Rosen and Lucas Tomlinson and The Associated Press contributed to this report

Online Source: Fox News

Christian. Family Man. Conservative Political Activist. Independent Hip-Hop Artist. Bringing The HEAT That Liberals Can’t Defeat.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.